31 Mar 2012

Song decisions...

Even though I've given Mr. B the mammoth task of putting together the music playlist of our day together, I've decided to pick the aisle song. The reason for this? Mr B's idea of an aisle song is Star Wars' 'Imperial March'. That or the Jaws theme song. Hmmmmm


Hand on heart, he would do this if he could get away with it. Cute but no effing way...!!
 
To me, music will be one of the most important details of the day. Both being big music fans, it is going to be hard to make the final cut.

Origionally Mr B. didn't want to have an aisle song, but I just think an awkward silence is possibly worse than Darth Vadar's Imperial March!! Finding the right song is so hard as there are so many options! Should we have a old classic, or a modern day? A song that means something to us or a song that just sounds effing good? I don't want to make people emotional and I certainly don't want to make myself cry, so that rules out a few already.

Here's my current shortlist....

My pick is Devendra Banhart's 'Baby'. I listened to this album a lot when Mr. B and I first moved out together so there is a strong emotional connection (for me at least). Not too boring or cheezy...


 A friend of ours recently suggested this one by Daniel Lee Kendall...


Mr B. and I both love Bon Iver. We recently saw him play live and have all of his albums. We often play him in our house and he is special to both of us. His music is beautiful, chilled and haunting. I'm scared to play him as I won't be able to hold it together, but he's soooo good!...


Another artist both Mr. B and I love is Jamie Lidell...


As you can tell, I'm more fond of modern artists and songs..!! Mr B has an appreciation of older music so he's going to have to think about some contenders.

I like this cover of Queens Best Friend (I'm a big sucker for the ukelele for those who don't know). I love the origional and wish it wasn't on the cheesy side as it would be perfect. But the cover is toned down somewhat and more suited to the casual beach theme...


Awesome Beatles cover too...



A lovely tune by Regina Spektor...



And who could forget about Spoon?!



Some steep competition. I'll post Mr. B's (realistic) choices once we've reached consensus

No comments:

Post a Comment