18 Mar 2012

After Party idea's

So I’m in two minds about organising our 'after-party' via my wedding planner in Thailand. Lisa works at Rayavadee (the wedding resort) and has been helping me with so many various things. She's been great thus far. However, obviously she has clear incentives for pushing her own resort products and offerings which I don't have a problem with. However, being a 5 star resort, Rayavadee is not coming cheap with all the extra's we're adding. Anyway Lisa has offered the option to hire out their Grotto (private limestone cave on the beach) and the bar at Melbourne prices! We have managed to keep costs to a minimum, however this would definitely add a significant chunk onto the costs. It does look amazing...

I'm conscious that I don't want to just end the night after our dinner. Guests will be well fed, and fuelled up on alcohol and all dressed up too. No doubt many will want to hit the town, or have a little boogie! I know I'll want to extend the night as long as I can! Besides for being rather pricey, The Grotto will be quite secluded...a good ro bad thing?

My alternative is to find someone willing to hire out their bar to us for the night, and pay them some cashola for the hassle. It is Thailand after all. Nowhere near Rayavadee prices methinks, plus guests get to explore Railay beach and have an adventure too. I will just have to go speak to some bar owners as soon as we arrive at Railay. I read that others have done this too, so not a bad option.
 
The other thing I want to punctuate the night with, just after dinner (and just before the After Party), are Fire Lanterns. Effing amazing things, I’m such a kid sometimes.......


When we were in Au Nang last year, we could buy these lanterns everywhere and were super cheap! I'll pick some up en route Railay so that everyone will have one to light on the night! Then people wanting to call it a night can then go to bed if they want, sending us off with a light and a bang.






No comments:

Post a Comment