22 Jul 2012

Fans-ey pants

I am very much inspired by the idea of fans at a tropical beach wedding. For one, it will be a nice way of making sure guests stay comfortable in the Thai heat, whilst outside. I think it will also be a nice bonbonniere to give guests. The added bonus is that they will make sweet and handy photo props too...





I had a few dramas when ordering some sandalwood fans recently. I ordered and paid for them via a reputable site based in the USA. After waiting weeks for my shipment to arrive, it finally did...only problem was they were the wrong fans! Instead of getting my lovely, scented sandalwood fans, I get some cheap and nasty white paper fans instead worth less than half the price I paid for the right fans. When contacting the site, was told that the correct fans were out of stock - I am confused why they would process my order and go through all that trouble for the wrong product. Anyway long story short, I wasn't able to get the right fans from those guys unfortunately. I got my money back and also got to keep the el-cheapo fans too. I will just have to sell these on Ebay when I get around to it.

I ended up ordering the fans I wanted from an Aussie site, not because it was cheaper (almost double the price vs. that American wholesale supply store) but because they were in stock and I thought there would be less liklihood of further drama! They arrived and look great!!
I had the idea to personalise the fans with a gift tag and place each fan on our guest's seats for the ceremony. I spent some time last weekend designing the tags after being inspired by this...


The end result were tags that read "to have & to hold" on the one side and our wedding details on the other side. I think they turned out well.






Let's hope I don't have issues taking these bad boys through customs. Haha, can you imagine after all that?!

1 comment:

  1. wow, i love these fans and the tags and wording is soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete