23 Jun 2012

Reception decoration

So here is what we've chosen for the reception...

After speaking to Lisa our wedding planner about cake options, I came to the realisation that the kind of cakes I had in mind (aesthetically as well as gustatorily) would probably not work in Thailand. We had to consider the climate, the ingredients the Thai chefs have access to in a remote part of Krabi, as well as expertise. As such we settled on the below for our wedding cake. I still love it's simplicity, not to mention it will be chocolate too, decorated with fresh flowers! A happy compromise.

The cake will apparently have its own table, decorated with a whole heap of flower vases choc-a-block full of fresh flowers. I love this idea to bits!! Flowers are natures best decoration in my opinion, and because orchids grow wild and abundently at Rayavadee, this will look so beautiful!

We have decided to host our dinner reception at the 'Umbrella Tree Court'. This is an open air dining area right next to the beach. There are views of the ocean as well as the cliffs in the backgound. All the things you want from a Thai wedding! There will also be beautiful lanterns hanging from all the trees. We have also decided to have a large Thai buffet style dinner, so guests can try a bit of everything, as well as get to speak to everyone - mix it up in beween sitting down!


There was a choice to host our dinner reception in 'The Grotto' - that cave on a secluded part of the beach I mentioned in my last post. It's also quite nice. We preferred the open air umbrella tree court though, as the night sky is obviously a star attraction of an outdoor wedding! Especially in Thailand with the warm air and stars.

I have arranged for our dinner tables to be decorated with name settings. I origionally wanted to place mini photo frames with guests pictures on their wedding day vs. a name place card. However I realised that actually consolidating and getting everyone to send me a photo would be a massive undertaking, I've let that idea go! I'll probably personalise this name card rather than have Rayavadee print off generic ones...


There will be candles and flowers on each table

This is a view from the Umbrella Tree Court of the buffet table



As a plan B if it rains, there is an indoor venue for us to locate to. Fingers crossed it doesn't rain! But I guess thats one thing we're not able to control, so either way we will make the most of it!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty, it's going to be amazing. The cake looks gorgeous, I'm surprised you won't be having some "full or half moon" writing on there, as a little reminder of the engagement! I'm getting so excited for you xo

    ReplyDelete